Release of Modelio Java Solution 2.2 on June 15th 2012
Modelio Java Solution 2.2 enhances developer agility, boosts developer productivity in Eclipse, and improves application quality, even where developers have not used an initial modeling approach.
Based on existing Java code and Java code currently under development, Modelio Java Solution 2.2 consolidates this code, builds architecture overview models in UML, and completes Javadocs with these models.
Benefits brought by new features
- Update of existing code
- Construction of design overview models
- Support of audit and reverse engineering
- Improved Javadocs
- Reverse engineering of existing code, and automatic construction of UML models
- Construction of package diagrams with overview of inter package/inter-class dependencies
- Browsing in dependency graphs, analysis of causes
- Update/generation of Java utility methods
- Generation of Javadocs integrating UML diagrams, HTML browsing in Javadoc graphs
Automatic update of Java utility methods
The Eclipse IDE is used to create utility methods (equals, hashCode, toString) from a class definition. However, it does not maintain them, which can cause well know problem, such as bugs and maintenance work. Modelio keeps the Java code consistent, by reversing it and keeping generation "up to date".
Design diagram generation in Javadocs
Never before will you have seen Javadocs as attractive as those produced by Modelio. With Modelio, you can automatically improve all the Javadocs belonging to your existing applications.
Reverse engineering and UML diagram construction
- Modelio analyzes your application (.java, .jar), and builds UML models and diagrams dedicated to Java programmers and designers
- Class diagrams
- Package diagrams with dependency overview
Support for architects: audit and reverse engineering
- Modelio link editor for browsing inter-package/inter-class dependencies
- Overview of inter-package dependencies, analysis of causes
- Automatic creation of UML diagrams (class and package)