World Wide Modeling Features
The agility of the web applied to model repositories
- Distributing repositories using "model fragments"
- A Modelio project is a set of fragments
- Example: A project made up of fragments
Distributing repositories using "model fragments"
Just like web pages or websites, model fragments can be distributed worldwide. With Modelio, the location of model fragments is transparent. Any number of users can share the same model fragment. Model elements from different model fragments can refer to each other transparently. Links between model fragments can be broken and restored transparently, just like web links.
A Modelio project is a set of fragments
Fragments can be local or shared or accessed via the web. Fragments can be used by several projects. Traceability links can be defined within a project between all elements of the selected model fragments.
Example: A project made up of fragments
- Project model: Shared with several participants, managed using Modelio Teamwork with SVN and the Modelio SD Java.
- Test model: Local model on the user's laptop. Its purpose is only to carry out local tests by the current user.
- JDK 1.7: Modelio model component (model library), versioned and updated according to the needs of the project.
- Project requirements: Accessed via the web (read-only model), and managed elsewhere by business analysts using the Modelio BA product.